[Update: Samsung has launched the Galaxy Note Edge in India for Rs. 64,900 and it goes on sale January first week.]
Earlier: Samsung plans to launch the Galaxy Note Edge smartphone in India in January 2015 at a price tag of Rs. 68,500, according to a report from ET. The report says that it would retail for Rs. 64,900. Samsung launched the Galaxy Note 4 smartphone in India for Rs. 58300 back in October, which now retails for Rs. 57,000 on the official Samsung eStore.
Samsung unveiled the Note Edge at the IFA 2014 in September along with the Note 4. Initially it said that the Note Edge is a limited edition concept devices, but later it decided to roll out the smartphone in several countries such as Japan, South Korea, US and recently, the UK. The Note Edge has a 5.6-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD Super AMOLED display that bends on the right side that utilizing 160 pixels so that you can acess frequently used apps, alerts and device functionality even when the cover is closed with the swipe of a thumb.
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge specifications
- 5.6-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD Super AMOLED display with 160 pixels curved edge
- 2.7 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor with Adreno 420 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS and Ultra HD video recording
- 3.7MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture, 120 degree wide angle lens
- 8.3 mm thick and weighs 174 grams
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 3.5, Finger Scanner, UV, Heart Rate Monitoring, SpO2 (Dependent on market)
- 4G LTE-A Cat.6 / 3G HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80) MIMO PCIe, Bluetooth v4.1 LE / ANT+, GPS / GLONASS / Beidou , USB2.0, MHL 3.0
- 3000mAh Battery
Followed by India launch, it will be unveiled in major developed markets including the US, South Korea and Japan, said Asim Warsi, vice president for mobile and IT at Samsung India to ET. We unboxed the Note Edge recently, check out the unboxing below.