Panasonic has launched P55, the company’s latest smartphone in P Series. It has a 5.5-inch HD display, powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat). It has a 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera. It has dual SIM support and has unique features such as Pop-i Player, Music Café and Gesture Play. It launched the P61 smartphone with a 6-inch display few months back.
Commenting on the new launch, Manish Sharma, Managing Director, Panasonic India said
With technology constantly changing it allows our brand to push boundaries and create new and exciting products that are customized according to the needs and requirements of the Indian market. With continuous innovation as our baseline strategy, the new P55 gives our consumers the ability to operate their smartphone seamlessly while meeting the easily accessibility aspect.
Panasonic P55 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) capacitive touchscreen IPS display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core processor
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 149.7x77x7.9mm; Weight: 148 grams
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2500mAh (removable) battery
The Panasonic P55 comes in Black and Pearl White colors and is priced at Rs. 10,290. Panasonic offers a free screen guard and a flip cover with the smartphone.