Sony has launched the Xperia Z3, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in India, as expected. It was unveiled at the IFA 2014 earlier this month. Even though the 5.2-inch 1080p display and the 20.7-megapixel rear camera with 1/2.3″ Sony Exmor RS image sensor are similar to the Xperia Z2, the Xperia Z3 has a more brighter screen, powered by a slightly faster Snapdragon 801 SoC and runs on Android 4.4.4 (KitKat) out of the box. It also has a new curved design and is just 7.3mm thick.
Sony has introduced PS4 Remote Play that lets you use the phone as a remote screen to connect to and control your games on PS4. It has 4G LTE connectivity, including support for TD-LTE band 40 for India. Check out our Xperia Z3 hands-on from the IFA.
Sony Xperia Z3 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with Live Colour LED powered by X-Reality engine, 600 cd brightness
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor (MSM8974AC) with Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, Upto 128GB expandable memory via microSD card
- Android 4.4.4 (KitKat)
- 20.7MP Primary Camera with Exmos RS sensor, 4K video recording
- 2.2MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
- 7.3mm thick and weighs 152 grams
- IP65/68 rating for dust and water resistance
- Sony DSEE HX audio technology
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL 3.0, NFC
- 3100 mAh Battery with STAMINA mode
The Sony Xperia Z3 comes in Black, White, Green and Copper colors and is priced at Rs. 51,990 (MRP) in India. It is available across India starting today. Sony has also launched the Xperia Z3 Compact in India. The Android Wear-powered Sony SmartWatch 3 and the Smartband Talk would be available later this year.