Samsung launched several budget Android smartphones – Galaxy Star 2, Galaxy Star Advance and Galaxy Ace NXT smartphones in India. Today the company has launched a budget smartphone called Galaxy V (SM-G313HZ) in Malaysia. It has a 4-inch WVGA screen, 1.2 GHz processor, Android 4.4 (KitKat), 3-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 0.3-megapixel front-facing camera.
Except the processor and the front-facing camera, all the other features are similar to the Galaxy Ace NXT.
Samsung Galaxy V specifications
- 4-inch (800 x 480 Pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- 1.2 GHz processor
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) OS
- Dual SIM
- 3MP camera with LED Flash
- 0.3MP (VGA) front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal memory, expandable with microSD
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v 4.0, GPS
- 1500 mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy V comes in black and white colors and is priced at RM299 (INR 5690 / US$94 approx.) in Malaysia. It is already on sale in Vietnam, but it is not clear if the smartphone would launch in India.