Samsung launched the Galaxy K zoom, successor of last year’s Galaxy S4 zoom in India earlier this month, exclusively on Amazon for Rs. 29,999. The Galaxy K zoom is much sleeker and has a completely different design compared to the Galaxy Camera and the S4 Zoom. We unboxed the camera-centric smartphone recently, check out the unboxing below.
The box contents include,
- Samsung Galaxy K zoom smartphone in white
- 2-pin travel charger
- micro USB cable
- in-ear headset with set of earbuds
- 2,430mAh battery
Amazon India offers a free 32GB SanDisk microSD card with the smartphone. It also offers Samsung Pop out case worth Rs. 1,999. We are yet to receive the cover.
Here are the specifications of the Galaxy K zoom
- 4.8-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Super AMOLED display
- 1.7 GHz Dual Core + 1.3 GHz Quad Core Exynos (5260) processor with Mali-T624 GPU
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 20.7MP rear camera with Xenon Flash, BSI Sensor, OIS and 10x optical zoom, 1080p video at 60 fps
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 2GB RAM, 8GB internal memory and expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Bluetooth v4.0 LE, aGPS + GLONASS and NFC
- 2,430mAh battery
The K zoom has a similar dimple on the front that was first introduced in the Galaxy S5. It uses a new retracting lens technology that provides 10x optical zoom in a 20.2 mm body. It has a 20.7-megapixel BSI CMOS sensor, 4.4-44mm lens with 10x optical zoom, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and Xenon Flash.
The front part of the body is removable that houses a micro SIM slot under the 2,430mAh removable battery. The microSD card slot is present on the outside to access it easily.
It has a 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED screen, powered by a Hexa-Core Exynos processor (1.7 GHz Dual Core Cortex A15+ 1.3 GHz Quad Core Cortex A7) and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) with the latest Samsung Touchwiz UX. It has Samsung’s signature hardware home button along with capacitive touch buttons for menu and back on either sides.
Other than the volume rockers and the power button, it has a large camera key to launch the camera easily. We will be brining you the benchmarks, camera samples and the complete review of the Samsung Galaxy K zoom soon.