Samsung has just announced the Galaxy S5 mini (SM-G800H), a smaller variant of the Galaxy S5. It has a 4.5-inch (720 x 1280 pixels) Super AMOLED display, powered by a 1.4 GHz quad-core processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) with new Touchwiz UI. It has a 8-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording and a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera. It has IP67 ratings for dust and water resistance, similar to Galaxy S5.
This brings all the features of the Galaxy S5, including the Finger Scanner for a secure, biometric screen locking and mobile payments and Heart rate sensor. It would also be available in dual SIM variant and in LTE variant depending on the market.
Samsung Galaxy S5 mini specifications
- 4.5-inch (720 ×1280 pixels) HD Super AMOLED display
- 1.4 GHz quad-core processor
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- Dual SIM (Optional)
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash and 1080p video recording
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- IP67 ratings for Dust and water Resistance
- Dimensions: 131.1 x 64.8 x 9.1mm; Weight: 120 grams
- 1.5GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health, Heart rate sensor
- 4G LTE Cat.4 / 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS and NFC
- 2100 mAh Battery
The Samsung Galaxy S5 mini comes in Charcoal Black, Shimmery White, Electric Blue and Copper Gold colors. It would go on sale starting from Russia in early July and would expand globally later. Samsung has not announced the pricing yet.