Without a doubt, the Sony Xperia Z2 is amongst the hottest new smartphones to be made available in India. Following the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the HTC One M8, the phone brings top of the line specifications and a very balanced approach to the flagship competition. While we’ll be talking about what sets the Xperia Z2 apart from the competition in our full review, here we take a look at it’s performance in synthetic benchmarks.
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with Live Colour LED powered by X-Reality engine
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 20.7MP Primary Camera with Exmos RS sensor, 4K video recording.
- 2.2MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
- 8.2mm thick and weighs 158 grams
- IP55 / IP58 rating for dust and water resistance
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, Upto 64GB expandable memory via microSD card
- LTE /3G HSPA+, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL 3.0, NFC
- 3200 mAh Battery with STAMINA mode
The AnTuTu Benchmark gives a cumulative score for general performance of a device. The phone scores 32,671 which places it in the lower spectrum of the competition.
In the Basemark HD Offscreen benchmark, the Xperia Z2 achieves 15.998 FPS and ranks behind the HTC One M8.
The GPU centric Basemark HD Onscreen benchmark delivers 19.839 FPS.
In the Basemark OS II benchmark, the Sony Xperia Z2 achieves 1189 points which places it right at the top of the competition.
In the GFXBench T-Rex benchmark, the phone achieves 29.2 frames per second which is almost the same as the One M8. The Z1 compact wins here due to its lower screen resolution.
The Xperia Z2 achieves 658.854 points in the Linpack Multi Threaded benchmark.
The phone scores 347.856 points in the Linpack single threaded test.
In the GPU centric Nenamark benchmark, the phone scores 59.8 FPS which is fairly consistent across the board.
The Quadrant benchmark is one where the Z2 definitely disappointed and scored just 18363 points.