Samsung has finally introduced the rumored Galaxy S8 Lite smartphone as Samsung Galaxy S Lite Luxury Edition (SM-G8750) in China. It has a 5.8-inch Full HD+ Infinity display, is powered by Snapdragon 660 with 4GB RAM, comes with a 16-megapixel rear camera and an 8-megapixel front camera, both with f/1.7 aperture. It runs Android 8.0 (Oreo) with Samsung’s own experience UI on top.
It has a glass back with metal frame, comes with hybrid dual SIM slots and packs a 3000mAh battery as the Galaxy S8. It has a fingerprint sensor and Iris recognition as well, but it doesn’t have a heart rate sensor.
Samsung Galaxy S Light Luxury Edition specifications
- 5.8-inch FHD+ (2220×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1.12um pixel size, OIS
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8mm; Weight: 150g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1, NFC
- 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy S Light Luxury Edition comes in Black and Burgundy Red colors, is priced at 3699 yuan (US$ 579 / Rs. 39,410 approx.) for limited period when it goes on pre-order from today before it goes on sale on June 1st. After that it will cost 3999 yuan (US$ 625 / Rs. 42,600 approx.).