Infinix launched the Hot S3 smartphone with a 20-megapixel front camera with dual LED flash, 5.65-inch HD+ 18:9 display and Android 8.0 Oreo with XOS Hummingbird V3.0 last month. As it had announced recently, the company has started rolling out Face unlock feature for the smartphone via over-the-air (OTA) update.
The update also brings Android security patch for March 1, 2018, update to Google GMS Package, battery life improvements, camera effect optimization and system stability as well as performance improvements.
How to enable Face Unlock
- Step 1: Go to Settings and click on Security & location, select Face ID
- Step 2: Set up a lockscreen passcode and click on “Go to set up lockscreen passcode
- Step 3: Select one of the option from Pattern, PIN or Password as your Unlock Selection
- Step 4: Enter your 4 digit PIN and click on “Continue”
- Step 5: Click on Yes for Secure Start-up
- Step 6: In the face ID window, add Face ID,
- Step 7: You are in Face ID window now. Click on “Add Face ID”, scan your face within the circle. After complete scan, it will show “Face ID successfully enrolled”
- Step 8: Your Face ID has been set up successfully.
- Step 9: to check it, Lock your phone, press the power button, and bring your phone in front of your face, click on the power button and your device will be unlocked.
The Infinix Hot S3 X573-QL-1668DEF-O-IN-180313V30 update is 531.1MB and is rolling out starting today. The phone is available exclusively on Flipkart starting at Rs. 8,999.