[Update: The company has confirmed on Honor India forum that the phone will launch on January 17th]
Earlier this week Huawei’s Honor brand announced that it will launch a new smartphone with dual front and rear cameras in India this month. Now Honor and Flipkart have confirmed that it is indeed the Honor 9 Lite and the phone will be launched exclusively on Flipkart.
It has a 5.65-inch full HD+ full-screen display with 18:9 aspect ratio and comes with a 13-megapixel front and rear cameras along with a secondary 2-megapixel rear camera to capture depth information. It is powered by Kirin 659 SoC, similar most other mid-range Huawei and Honor phones, but this runs on Android 8.0 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.0 out-of-the-box.
It has a metal frame, glass back, has a fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock the phone in 0.25 seconds and packs a 3000mAh battery.
Honor 9 Lite specifications
- 5.65-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 659 processor (4 xA53 at 2.36GHz + 4 x A53 at 1.7GHz) with MaliT830-MP2 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 32GB / 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash, secondary 2MP camera, PDAF
- 13MP front-facing camera, secondary 2MP camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 151× 71.9 × 7.6mm; Weight: 149g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery (typical)
The Honor 9 Lite comes in Black, Blue, Grey and Black colors and was introduced in China starting at 1199 yuan (US$ 182 / Rs. 11,670 approx.). We should know the exact price when the phone is launched next Wednesday.