Xiaomi just launched Redmi 5A, the company’s latest budget smartphone in India, as expected. It has a 5-inch HD display, is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor and runs on MIUI 9 based on Android 7.1 (Nougat). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with PDAF, LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
The Indian version has a dedicated dual SIM slots compared to hybrid dual SIM slot in the Chinese version. It comes with a unibody design with Metal-like matte finish and packs a 3000mAh built-in battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display with 1000: 1 contrast ratio, 72% (typ) / 68% (min) color gamut
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 Mobile Platform with 500MHz Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage,3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 140.4 x 70.1 mm x 8.35 mm ;Weight: 137g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum)
The Xiaomi Redmi 5A comes in Dark Grey, Champagne Gold and Rose Gold colors, is priced at Rs. 4999 for 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version, for the first five million units, post which it will be available for Rs. 5,999. The 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version costs Rs. 6,999. It will be available exclusively on Flipkart as well as Mi.com online and Mi Home Stores and partner stores starting from December 7th.
Reliance Jio is offering Rs. 1000 (Rs. 100 x 10 vouchers for 10 months) cashback for Redmi 5A users after 12 months of continuous recharge with Rs. 199 plan that offers unlimited calls and 1GB data per day with 28 days validity.
Check out the unboxing here.