Xiaomi just launched Redmi 4A, its latest budget 4G smartphone in the Redmi series in India. It has a 5-inch HD display, is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor and runs on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with PDAF, LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
At the launched Xiaomi said that it has started its second manufacturing plant in the country. It also said that more than 95% of Mi phones sold in India are Made in India. The company said that it has been able to create employment for more than 5,000 people, and over 90% of workforce are women.
It has hybrid dual SIM slot and comes with a unibody design with polycarbonate matte finish and packs a 3120mAh built-in battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display with 1000:1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC color gamut
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 processor with 500MHz Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 139.5×70.4×8.5mm;Weight: 131.5g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 3030mAh (minimum) / 3120mAh (typical)
The Xiaomi Redmi 4A comes in comes in Gray, Gold and Rose Gold colors, is priced at Rs. 5999 and will be available exclusively from Amazon.in and Mi.com starting 23rd March. The Rose Gold version will be available from 6th April. Check out the unboxing and first impressions of the Redmi 4A here.
Customers buying the Redmi 4A smartphone from Amazon.in will get:
- Unlimited calls and 1GB free 4G data every day on recharge of Rs. 343 from Idea Cellular
- Download & sign-in to the kindle app and get a Rs 200 promotion credit on Kindle books