First press render of the Galaxy S8 smartphone surfaced earlier this month showing its curved screen with narrow bezels and an iris scanner. Now more press shots of the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus have surfaced, thanks to @evleaks once again. These images show the phone in Black Sky, Orchid Grey and Arctic Silver colors. It also shows a metal frame and button placements, but the back side of the phone has been revealed in press shots yet.
According to a latest report, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835-powered Galaxy S8 will be sold in the United States, Japan, and China, whereas the Exynos-based version will be available in Europe and the rest of Asia. The report also said that models sold in most markets will feature 4GB of RAM, while those sold in Korea and China will sport 6GB RAM. The smartphone is said to use facial recognition for secure mobile payment.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ rumored specification
- S8 – 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2560×1440 pixels) curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- S8+ – 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2560×1440 pixels) curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.7 aperture
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner, Barometer
- IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS with GLONASS, USB 2.0, NFC
- S8 – 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
- S8+ – 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
According to @evleaks the Galaxy S8 will start at €799 (US$ 859 / Rs. 56,259 approx.), S8+ at €899 €799 (US$ 966 / Rs. 63,300 approx.), New GearVR will cost €129 (US$ 138 / Rs. 9,083 approx.), new Gear360 at €229 (US$ 246 / Rs. 16,124 approx.) and something called DeX, which could be continuum competitor could cost €150 (US$ 161 / Rs. 10,560 approx.).
The Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2017 will take place at 11:00 a.m. EDT (9:30 PM IST) in New York on March 29, 2017. According to latest reports both these phones will go on pre-order on April 10th and go on sale globally starting from April 21st. We should know all the details next Wednesday.