Samsung recently confirmed its Galaxy Unpacked 2017 event on March 29th in New York where it is expected to unveil flagship Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ smartphones. Thanks to @evleaks, the first press render of the smartphone is out showing its curved screen with narrow bezels and an iris scanner at the top, similar to the Galaxy Note7 that would let you unlock the phone using eye recognition.
Will it beat the screen-to-body ratio of about 78% on the LG G6? We should know soon.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ rumored specification
- S8 – 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2560×1440 pixels) curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- S8+ – 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2560×1440 pixels) curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.7 aperture
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner, Barometer
- IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS with GLONASS, USB 2.0, NFC
- S8 – 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
- S8+ – 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2017 will take place at 11:00 a.m. EDT (9:30 PM IST) in New York on March 29, 2017. The Galaxy S8 with a 5.8-inch display is said to retail for €799 (US$ 850 / Rs. 56830 approx.) and the 6.2-inch S8+ is said to cost €899 (US$ 956 / Rs. 63,947 approx.) and both the phones are expected to go on sale on April 21.