HMD Global announced Nokia 6 last month in China as the first Nokia smartphone after it was granted exclusive global license to sell Nokia phones. Today it has announced the smartphone for global markets. Specifications are the same, including a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display, Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 processor, 16-megapixel rear camera with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), 1.0um sensor, dual-tone LED flash and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. This runs stock Android 7.1.1 (Nougat).
It has dual speakers, one on the top and other on the bottom, smart dual amplifier chips (TFA9891) offering 6dB louder sound and Dolby Atmos. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the home button and aluminum alloy unibody design. It has dual SIM support as well as a microSD expansion slot, so it could be a hybrid dual SIM.
Nokia 6 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 32GB / 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1.0um sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1.12um sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 84˚ wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual speakers, Dual smart amplifiers (TFA9891), Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 154 x 75.8 x 7.8 mm
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
- 3000mAh built-in battery
Nokia 6 comes in Matte Black, Tempered Blue, Silver and Copper colors and is priced at 229 Euros (US$ 241 / Rs. 16117 approx.). The Nokia 6 Special Edition in Arte Black color, 4GB RAM and 64GB storage is priced at 299 Euros (US$ 315 / Rs. 21,043 approx.). It will be available globally in Q2 2017."Nokia 6 with 5.5-inch 1080p display, 4GB RAM, metal body, Android 7.1 coming to global markets",