Sony has announced Xperia X Compact, along with the Xperia XZ at the IFA. This has a smaller 4.6-inch HD screen, is powered by an hexa-core Snapdragon 650 SoC and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). It has a fingerprint sensor on the power button and packs a 23-megapixel rear camera with Predictive Hybrid Autofocus that lets you choose your subject and then predicts its motion, so you can capture the action in perfect focus, free from blur and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with 22mm wide-angle lens.
Sony Xperia X Compact specifications
- 4.6-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Triluminos Display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 64-bit processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Single nano SIM
- 23MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive Hybrid AF, 5-axis stabilizatio, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with 1/3.06″ Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens, 1080p video recording
- DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 129 x 65 x 9.5 mm; Weight: 135 grams
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 2700 mAh Battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
The Sony Xperia X Compact comes in Mist Blue, Universe Black and White colors and will roll out globally starting from October. No details about the price yet.