Samsung announced the Samsung Galaxy S5 at the Samsung UNPACKED event during MWC 2014 earlier this year. On February 24th, at the product launch function, Samsung said that the device will be available globally from April 11, 2014. With three weeks to go for the release date, Samsung has decided to give the people a demo of the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Samsung has just announced that it will have the Samsung Galaxy S5 along with the Samsung Gear 2, Samsung Gear 2 Neo and Samsung Gear Fit for demonstration across leading retail outlets. This prelaunch experience will be available across 61 countries. On March 21st, United States and Switzerland will get the demo units while the remaining 59 countries will get the demo units in the coming days. It is not clear if India is among the 59 countries, but given that India is a huge market for Samsung, it is very likely to have the demo in India too.
The specifications of Samsung Galaxy S5 are
- 5.1-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor
- Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI and 4Kvideo recording
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- IP67 ratings for Dust and water Resistance.
- 8.1 mm thick and weighs 145 grams
- 2GB RAM, 16GB / 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 3.0, Heart rate sensor
- 4G LTE-A, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS, USB 3.0 and NFC
- 2800 mAh Battery
If you din’t know about the Samsung Galaxy S5, you can check out our hands on video right below.