Sony mobile has just announced the Xperia Z2, the company’s latest flagship at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. It has a a 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with Live Colour LED powered by X-Reality, powered by 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat). It has a 20.7-megapixel rear camera with Sony G lens with a 27mm wide angle f/2.0 aperture custom 1/2.3″ Sony Exmor RS image sensor, BIONZ image processing engine, 4K video recording and a 2.2-megapixel 1080p front-facing camera.
It has IP55 / IP58 rating for dust and water resistance, Sony’s digital noise cancelling technology that helps reduce up to 98% of ambient noise.
Sony Xperia Z2 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with Live Colour LED powered by X-Reality engine
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 20.7MP Primary Camera with Exmos RS sensor, 4K video recording.
- 2.2MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
- 8.2mm thick and weighs 158 grams
- IP55 / IP58 rating for dust and water resistance
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, Upto 64GB expandable memory via microSD card
- LTE /3G HSPA+, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL 3.0, NFC
- 3200 mAh Battery with STAMINA mode
The Sony Xperia Z2 comes in Black, White and Purple colors and will launch globally from March 2014. No word on pricing yet.