Motorola launched the Dual SIM variant of the Moto G in Malaysia, Australia and some Asian countries last month, before launching it in India yesterday. The Android 4.4.2 update was first released for the single SIM US variant first, back in December and it started rolling out in Europe, again for the single SIM variant last month. Now the dual SIM version of the Moto G has received the KitKat update in Malaysia and Taiwan.
At the launch Motorola has promised that the Indian dual SIM variant would get the KitKat update in coming weeks. This update brings new phone dialer, printing, Android KitKat features such as restyled status and navigation bars, full-screen mode, color emoji, smarter power use, new camera features, including the most expected manual focus and exposure control and more.
Check out complete changelog of the update below.
- Android 4.4, KitKat – Enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more tools and capabilities for better app development.
- Phone dialer – Improved phone app with the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search your corporate directory easily.
- Camera – Locked exposure during Panorama capture, additional language support, Manual control of focus and exposure, Bug fixes
- Gallery – New photo editing options including new filter effects, draw on your photos, advanced cropping, and adjustments to color, exposure, contrast and more.
- Printing documents and pictures – Support for printing photos, Google Docs, GMail messages, and other content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services like Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters.
- Hangouts – SMS/MMS support Incorporated a new version of Google Hangouts that supports integrated SMS/MMS messaging. Hangouts can be set as the default SMS app under Settings > Wireless > Default SMS app.
The Android 4.4.2 KitKat update (v 171.44.31.en.03) for the dual SIM variant is 230.7 MB, about 43MB larger than the update of the single-SIM variant.