Motorola Moto G Android 4.4.2 KitKat update starts rolling out in Europe
Motorola released the Android 4.4 KitKat update for the Moto G last month starting from the US, now the update has started rolling out in European countries including UK. The new update brings Android KitKat features such as restyled status and navigation bars, full-screen mode, color emoji, smarter power use, new camera features, including the most expected manual focus and exposure control.
The Moto G is expected to launch in India later this month. It is not clear if it would run on KitKat out of the box when it launches here. Check out complete changelog of the update below.
- Android 4.4, KitKat – Enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more tools and capabilities for better app development.
- Phone dialer – Improved phone app with the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search your corporate directory easily.
- Camera – Locked exposure during Panorama capture, additional language support, Manual control of focus and exposure, Bug fixes
- Gallery – New photo editing options including new filter effects, draw on your photos, advanced cropping, and adjustments to color, exposure, contrast and more.
- Printing documents and pictures – Support for printing photos, Google Docs, GMail messages, and other content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services like Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters.
- Hangouts – SMS/MMS support Incorporated a new version of Google Hangouts that supports integrated SMS/MMS messaging. Hangouts can be set as the default SMS app under Settings > Wireless > Default SMS app.
- Accessory support Added support for Square credit card reader.
The Motorola Moto G Android 4.4 KitKat update (v174.44.9.falcon_umts.Retail.en.GB) is 187.8MB and is available as an over-the-air (OTA) update in the UK and some European countries.