Micromax has finally launched the Micromax Canvas Mad A94, the company’s latest smartphone in the Canvas series. it has built-in MAd app that pays lets you earn points to watch Ads, which can be converted into rupees that would be credited to users’ postpaid or prepaid account. The phone packs a 4.5-inch (480 x 854 pixels) IPS display, powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Broadcom BCM23550 processor and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean). It has a 5-megapixel auto focus rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel auto focus front-facing camera.
How does MAd work?
- Built-in MAd app allows users to watch advertisements and earn points from every advertisement one views
- Requires one time registration for all opted-in subscribers across all telecom operators
- Dial any mobile/landline number in India and you will get an option to watch an ad before you make the call.
- View the ads shown to you and proceed to make your call
- With every successful call made after watching an ad, you collect points
- Points can be converted into rupees, which will be credited into postpaid/pre-paid accounts.
The phone also comes pre-loaded apps such as M!Live portal , BBM & Hike for Instant Messaging, Spuul to Watch Free Movies, Kingsoft Office, Opera Mini browser and more.
Commenting on the new launch Rahul Sharma, Co-founder, Micromax said
With the launch of Micromax MAd, we aim to create a powerful medium to interact, engage, entertain and connect with the consumers by lending them our ears to voice their areas of interest, preferences and incentivizing it for them through reward. It is also going to prove to be a game changer for operator eco-system who are looking at newer and innovative ways to help them improve their profitability from every user.
Shubhodip Pal, Chief Marketing Officer, Micromax said,
Micromax Advertising Application, MAd, is our unique attempt to create a win-win for the Mobile Eco-system where our customer not only gets delighted with the device hardware, but also with the unique application that will be supported across all GSM telecom operators and works well for both prepaid & postpaid customers. The launch of the MAd would be supported a clutter breaking 360 degree marketing campaign across print, online and TV.
Micromax Canvas Mad A94 specifications
- 4.5-inch (480 x 854 pixels) capacitive touch screen IPS display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Broadcom BCM23550 processor with Vidcore IV GPU
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) with Dual Standby
- 5MP auto focus rear camera with LED Flash, 720p video recording
- 5MP auto focus front-facing camera
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal memory, 32GB expandable memory with MicroSD
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0,GPS
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 1800 mAh battery with up to 5 hours of talk time and
The Micromax Canvas Mad A94 comes in Black and White colors and is priced at Rs. 8,490. It would go on sale across India starting today.