HTC Corporation has launched the new compact, sleek and stylish smartphone HTC Touch2 in Indian Market for Reliance Mobile’s GSM subscribers. Reliance Communication, a company with a customer base of over 90 million including over 2.5 million individual overseas retail customers and which ranks among the Top 5 Telecom companies in the world is the foremost telecom operator to present HTC Touch2 handset in India. Also HTC Touch2 claims to be HTC’s first touch phone embedded with Microsoft’s newly released Windows Mobile 6.5 that enables its users to do all the things they want to do on phone easily.
Ajay Sharma, Country Head, HTC India said, “The HTC Touch2 is a compact Windows Mobile device which delivers a familiar touch experience that our consumers relate to, have experienced in the past, and expect in the future from the house of HTC,” said . He further added, “The Touch2 expands HTC’s portfolio of touch-based phones and will deliver an advanced touch experience to a broader group of people whether it’s making a call, chatting with friends on Facebook or simply responding to an important email, the HTC Touch2 gives you an immense sense of control”.
Vrajesh Shelat, Head – Wireless Data Business said, “Through this cutting-edge device, our customers will be able to enjoy a host of Windows Mobile Applications on our 3G ready network. Our association with HTC and Windows Mobile is a crucial step towards achieving our goal of having a leading market share in the fast-growing smartphone segment.”
HTC Touch2 basic features include:
- 7.11cm touchscreen
- 3.2 megapixel camera
- dynamic messaging
- browsing and productivity capabilities
- download games
- download applications available at the Windows Marketplace
- supports 3.5G and equips an internal GPS antenna that supports navigation solutions like Google Maps
- The HTC Touch2 ensures that everything is at your fingertips in an attractive design that fits comfortably in your hand. It integrates the upgraded TouchFlo user interface with several features. The interface includes 11 color icons and aweather clock to view local time and weather.
- In order to give the users a superior mobile internet experience, HTC touch2 Opera Mobile and IE Mobile allows users to experience desktop-style viewing of Web pages. Internet Explorer Mobile also supports Adobe Flash, enabling Flash video content, like YouTube, to be viewed easily. Offering a best in class e-mail experience complete with the ability to synchronize with Microsoft Exchange, you have the ability to check and manage multiple e-mail accounts.
- With the Zoom Bar, users can simply swipe their fingers over the Web page or a photo to get a clear enlarged view.
- The Microsoft’s new My Phone service ensures easy and automatic backup and synchronization of photos, music, contacts and text messages from the Touch2 to the Web for free.
HTC Touch2 Price and Availability
HTC Touch2 comes with a special Free Data Usage of 200 MB per month for Reliance GSM Mobile customers as an introductory offer. The compact HTC Touch2 on RCOM’s GSM is available for Rs.24,490 for users in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh while the rest of the country can buy it for Rs.22,490 from all top authorized HTC resellers.