RIM told us during the 8520 launch that the BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac OS will be out shortly. Now the official announcement is out . All Mac users can manage your Blackberry without having to run towards a Windows PC from tomorrow. You can sync data between your Blackberry phone and Mac OS and Apps using the new desktop software
BlackBerry Desktop Manager features
- Sync Data with iCal, Address Book, Microsoft Entourage
- Add and remove application
- Schedule automatic backups and encrypt backup files
- Install software updates for their BlackBerry smartphone.
- Media Sync to sync you iTunes music collections with BlackBerry smartphone
- Compatible with Mac computers with Mac OS 10.5.5 and higher and supports BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry OS 4.2 and higher.
New software makes it easy to sync data between Mac applications and BlackBerry smartphones; free download scheduled to be available on October 2
Mumbai — Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM, TSX: RIM) has exciting news for Mac® users that want an easy and reliable solution that syncs their contacts, calendar appointments, tasks and notes with their BlackBerry® smartphones. A new version of the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager software has been developed specifically for Mac users. The new desktop software is scheduled to be available for free download from www.blackberry.com/mac on Friday, October 2 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
The new BlackBerry Desktop Manager software allows Mac users to smoothly and seamlessly sync data from Mac applications like iCal®, Address Book, Microsoft® Entourage® and others, as well as add and remove applications, schedule automatic backups, encrypt backup files and install software updates for their BlackBerry smartphone.
BlackBerry Desktop Manager Software also integrates BlackBerry Media Sync, enabling Mac users to sync their iTunes® music collections with their BlackBerry smartphone*. From within the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software, users simply select the desired iTunes playlists and the music, including song information and album art, is quickly transferred onto their BlackBerry smartphone.
BlackBerry Desktop Manager software is designed to run on Mac computers with Mac OS 10.5.5 and higher and supports BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry OS 4.2 and higher.
* Certain music files may not be supported, including files that contain digital rights management technologies