Yesterday, Samsung unveiled two new Galaxy devices at a launch event in Chennai. The Galaxy Mega 5.8 and the Galaxy Mega 6.3 are the two new entrants to the new Mega series of devices solely focused on big screened smartphone computing. Out of the two devices launched, which were set to be available in India real soon, we already have the Galaxy Mega 5.8 listed as available on Snapdeal, the online retailer for a price of Rs. 24,900 which is two hundred rupees lesser than the launch price of Rs. 25,100. Although it is currently listed as sold out, we think that the devices are already trickling down into the retail channels and you will be able to get the device sooner than what Samsung said, we feel. Check out our photo gallery of the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 and the first impressions of the device.
Update: It is available on the Samsung eStore too, for the same price.
The Galaxy Mega 5.8 is a slightly upgraded version of the Galaxy Grand Duos from a quick look at the specifications, which are –
Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 specifications
- 5.8-inch qHD (960 x 540 pixels) TFT capacitive touch screen display
- 1.4 GHz dual-core processor
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS
- 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED Flash
- 1.9 MP front-facing camera
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) with dual standby
- 9.0 mm thick and weighs 182 grams
- 1.5 GB RAM, 8 Internal Memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with micro SD
- 3G HSPA＋21Mbps, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS＋GLONASS
- 2600 mAh battery
Here is our hands on video in case you are wondering how the device looks and feels like –
You can get the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 from Snapdeal here.