Airtel and RIM bring the BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone a.ka. Gemini to India. And whats the most incredible thing about this phone is the price. Blackberry phones are usually known for their expensive price tag. But the Gemini breaks the myth and is priced at Rs.15990. The phone is aimed at youth and consumers looking for messaging / email , social networking , music and entertainment.
- Cheapest multimedia Blackberry Handset in the Indian market till now.
- Touch sensitive trackpad which replaces the usual trackball.
- Dedicated media keys ( Ever BB users need some Entertainment on the go .. Im not going to checking my email all the time)
- Wi-Fi , EDGE , Bluetooth 2.0
- Kinda thin at 13.99 mm and weighs 109g
- 2.46 inch (320×240) display
- 2.0 MP Camera with Video Recording
- 4.5 hrs of talk time and 17 days of standby time
- BIS support as usual with support of 10 email accounts.
- 256MB Inbuilt memory
- Expandable microSD memory ( no idea if there is a card in the box)
Prepaid Users can get Blackberry Power too !
We must say Blackyberry is a clear leader when it comes to Mobile Email and no 2nd thoughts about that. IPhone is still far away. Nokia Messaging is still betaish. So looks like RIM wants mass market adoption of their device rather than just White collared CEOs . So you can get a Blackberry Email Service plan from Airtel at a monthly rental of Rs.299 only.
Availability and Price
The BlackBerry Curve 8520 will be available nationally from Airtel’s authorised outlets through Bharti Teletech Limited across India on August 7th. The Price would be Rs.15990
Airtel customers can sms ‘BB’ to 543210 to register to purchase the BlackBerry Curve 8520 and to get more information about the plans offered with the smartphone.
This BB was the first handset to support mac os out of the box. No word about the support in India. And No word about the App World launch date in India.