ZTE has announced the ZTE Open with Mozilla Firefox OS. It is just an entry-level smartphone with a 3.5-inch (480×320 pixels) capacitive touch screen display, 1GHz MSM7225A Snapdragon S1 processor. It has a 3.2MP fixed focus camera and packs a 1200 mAh battery. The Firefox OS has integrated Facebook and Twitter apps,. You can download more apps from the Firefox Marketplace.
Mozilla’s Firefox OS is HTML5-based and completely open source so ZTE Open users will be able to run Web apps. It has dynamic content and unique features including personalized search services.
ZTE Open specifications
- 3.5-inch (480×320 pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- 1GHz MSM7225A Snapdragon S1 processor
- 3.2MP fixed focus camera
- 12.5 mm thick
- 256MB RAM, 512MB internal memory
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 and GPS, with AGPS
- Accelerometer, Ambient Light sensors
- 1200 mAh battery
The ZTE Open would be first available from Telefónica in Spain, Venezuela and Colombia in mid-2013. No word on the pricing yet.