Simmtronics Semiconductors has launched XPAD X-720 with a 7-inch (800 x 480 pixels) capacitive multi-touch display and Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). It has a 1 GHz Cortex A8 processor and comes with a VGA front-facing camera. The tablet is made in Simmtronics factory in India and the company had already launched the tablet in Middle East and GCC countries like Saudi, Qatar and UAE.
Simmtronics XPAD X-720 specifications
- 7-inch (800 x 480 pixels) capacitive muli-touch display
- 1 GHz Allwinner A13 ARM Cortex A8 processor with Mali 400 GPU
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS
- 0.3 MP front-facing camera
- 3G via USB dongle, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, USB 2.0 OTG, micro USB port, DC Jack
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Video Formats: 3GP, AVI, FLV, MOV, MPG, MKV, WMV, MP4, RMVB, MPEG2-TS
- Audio Formats: MP3, OGG, WMA, FLAC, M4A, MP2, AAC
- 512MB DDR3 RAM, 4GB internal memory, 32GB expandable memory with micro SD
- 2800 mAh battery
The Simmtronics XPAD X-720 is priced at Rs. 4,600. It would be available from retail stores and e-commerce websites in India. Simmtronics plans to launched range of XPAD tablets and Smart Phones for the Indian Market in coming months.