OPPO has launched the Find N3 Flip smartphone in India, after it was introduced in China back in August. The phone has a large 6.8-inch FHD+ AMOLED 1-120Hz display, up to 1600 nits peak brightness, which now has 1440Hz high-frequency PWM dimming, and ProXDR display technology.
The device has a patented stainless steel mesh matrix that smoothens the folded drop shape and reduces the crease, says the company.
The OPPO Find N3 Flip has a Gorilla Glass 7 cover back, where a diamond highlight blade is used to cut the middle frame into two sharp edges to make the bottom appear even slimmer and straighter.
When folded, the Find N3 Flip measures just 85.54mm—half the size of a regular smartphone—to conveniently fit into any pocket or purse. It weighs just 198g and is a mere 7.79mm slim when open.
For the first time, OPPO has also added an Alert Slider to its smartphone. Using this mechanical control on the left edge of the device, users can switch between three modes—Silent, Vibrate and Ring—without opening the Find N3 Flip.
For the hinge in the Find N3 Flip, the single friction plate of the previous generation Find N2 Flip has been upgraded to a dual friction plate structure to improve its FlexForm stability.
It has aircraft-grade high-strength steel at core load-bearing positions to improve durability and increase deformation resistance from drops by 25% when compared with the Find N2 Flip.
Like the previous generation, the hinge on the device sports a micro-carved flowing texture. This aesthetic touch is achieved by carving the surface up to 12,000 times for three minutes to show a dazzling effect like the water waves on the metal hinge.
For its cover screen, OPPO has continued with the large 3.26-inch vertical display—from the Find N2 Flip—that mirrors the main screen in proportion. The practical reason is that more than 90% of Android apps are designed to work in vertical mode. This orientation thus eliminates compatibility issues associated with square screens.
In terms of improvement over the previous generation, the cover screen now supports 40+ essential apps, including Gmail, Outlook, Uber, and Google Maps; users can reply to emails, book cabs, use turn-based navigation, and even switch up music on the go.
The cover screen, with its 17:9 aspect ratio and super-thin 0.3mm bezel, allows for enhanced information visibility. For instance, users can view more tweets without scrolling on the X (formerly Twitter) app. The cover display also helps frame perfect selfies and adjust lighting to ensure every detail is picture-perfect before taking a snapshot.
This cover screen is large enough to display a grid of 3×4 apps and also supports one-touch replies, speech-to-text, emojis and typing via a full QWERTY keyboard.
Users can customise the cover screen with up to 20 styles and three quick access widgets, including Messages, Camera, Battery, Recorder, Timer, and To-dos.
The Find N3 Flip packs three rear cameras integrated within a circular module beside the cover screen. The device features a 50MP Sony IMX890 wide-angle primary camera with a large 1/1.56-inch sensor, comes with a telephoto portrait camera backed by the 32MP IMX709 sensor with 2x optical zoom.
OPPO says that it has fine-tuned its bokeh effects with inputs from legendary camera maker Hasselblad. It has a new 114-degree wide-angle camera with the 48MP Sony IMX581 sensor. The autofocus on this camera allows users to capture macro photos of subjects as near as 4cm.
On the display, the Find N3 Flip sports a 32MP Sony IMX709 RGBW punch-hole camera that can be used for video calls, selfies and 4K 30fps videos.
The Find N3 Flip integrates a 13-channel multispectral sensor and a proprietary algorithm to provide precise environmental light source information. This results in a 12% improvement in white balance to highlight colours naturally in different light settings.
OPPO said that it has worked closely with Hasselblad to integrate the Hasselblad Natural Colour Solution into the camera system. The unique colour-processing system kicks into action the moment you press the shutter button to optimise colour accuracy, tone, and contrast to deliver consistent and accurate results.
It runs Android 13 with ColorOS 13, and the company has promised 4 years of major Android updates and 5 years of security patch updates for the phone, similar to the N2 Flip.
This was introduced as the first foldable phone with be powered by Dimensity 9200 processor. It has 12GB LPDDR5X RAM and 256GB storage. It retains the 4,300mAh with support for 44W wired charging from the Find N2 Flip.
OPPO Find N3 Flip specifications
- Main Display: 6.8-inch (2520 × 1080 pixels) FHD+ E6 AMOLED display, 1-120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 403 PPI, 21:9 aspect ratio, 1440Hz high-frequency PWM dimming, up to 1600 nits peak brightness, 100% DCI-P3, 100% sRGB color gamut, SCHOTT UTG glass protection
- Outer Display: 3.26-inch (720 × 382 pixels) AMOLED display, 30/60Hz refresh rate, 250 PPI, 17:9 aspect ratio, up to 900 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- SoC: Up to 3.05GHz Octa Core Dimensity 9200 4nm processor with Immortalis-G715 11-core GPU
- RAM/ROM: 12GB LPDDR5x RAM with 256GB UFS 4.0 storage
- Software: Android 13 with ColorOS 13.2
- Rear camera: 50MP (primary wide-angle) f/1.8 aperture, Sony IMX890 sensor, 48MP 114° ultra-wide with Sony IMX581 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 4cm macro, 32MP 2x telephoto camera with Sony IMX709 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, Hasselblad camera
- Front camera: 32MP AF with f/2.4 aperture, RGBW Sony IMX709 sensor
- Fingerprint: Side-mounted
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA, 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS L1+L5, GALILEO: E1+E5a, Beidou: B1l+B1c+B2a, QZSS: L1+L5
- Audio: USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers
- Dimensions: 166.4 (85.5 folded)×75.8× 7.79mm (16.45mm folded); Weight: 198g
- Battery: 4300mAh (Typical) battery with 44W SUPERVOOC Flash Charge
Pricing and availability
The OPPO Find N3 Flip comes in Cream Gold and Sleek Black colours, is priced at Rs. 94,999 for the single 12GB + 256GB model and will be available from Flipkart, OPPO India online store and offline stores starting from October 22nd at 6PM with pre-orders starting today, October 12th.
- Customers can enjoy a cashback of up to INR 12,000 and no-cost EMI for up to 24 months from ICICI Bank, SBI Cards, Bajaj Finserv, TVS Credit, Kotak Bank, IDFC First Bank, HDB Financial Services and One Card from mainline retail outlets and the OPPO Store.
- Additionally, customers can get the benefit of up to 24 months Zero Down Payment schemes from leading financers.
- Customers purchasing via Flipkart can avail a 12-month no-cost EMI along with cashback of up to INR 12,000 from ICICI Bank, Axis Bank & Kotak Bank.
- Loyal OPPO customers can avail an Exchange Bonus of up to INR 8,000.
- Consumer can also avail a one-time screen replacement up to 6 months from the date of purchase; offer valid on purchases till October 29, 2023.
OPPO Premium Service Offer
- Worry-free travel with international warranty rights on the Find N3 Flip.
- Refresh service allows users to replace their screen guard and back cover of Find N3 Flip, twice within the warranty tenure.
- OPPO has introduced EMI schemes for the service/repair of the Find N3 Flip. Customers will have the option to decide on EMI instalment and tenure at their convenience.
- In case of accidental damage, customers can avail a 15% discount on the first repair of the display (T&C apply).
- Users can avail one-on-one service online by connecting with OPPO experts via WhatsApp.
- Free pick-up and drop facilities are available across 25,000+ Indian pin codes with issues resolved within 72 hours of the complaint.
- Dedicated experts—available 24×7 on our exclusive hotline 9958808080—will resolve queries within 24 hours.
- Flash fix at select service centres promise a 2-hour repair for your flip device on selected issues.
Commenting on the latest Find addition, Damyant Singh Khanoria, Chief Marketing Officer, OPPO India, said:
After the success of the Find N2 Flip earlier this year, we are excited to introduce our latest flip, the Find N3 Flip. This new iteration improves the Find N2 Flip’s winning formula with upgrades in cover screen functionality, camera experience, and performance. While others are trying to catch up, we’ve established new benchmarks in the category. Our newest flip brings together a rich array of features in an elegant, compact design to offer unparalleled versatility. With such incredible features and stunning looks – the OPPO Find N3 Flip is #MadeToBeIconic.