Alongside the Xiaomi Watch 2 Pro, Xiaomi has introduced the Xiaomi Smart Band 8, the latest addition to its fitness band lineup. For the first time, the Smart Band 8 has a new quick-release mechanism and a sleek metallic texture, as well as two new middle frame colors: “light gold” and “bright black.” In addition to a variety of straps, Xiaomi offers a novel necklace-shaped strap and a leather strap for the band.
The Xiaomi Smart Band 8 offers real-time monitoring and conditioning statistics, providing users with precise workout data. For runners, the ‘Pebble Mode’ can be attached to a shoe buckle, offering detailed running data and assessing running posture for enhanced performance.
It has the same 1.62-inch AMOLED display as last year’s model. The display has a 192 x 490 pixel resolution, a pixel density of 326 PPI, and a maximum brightness of 600 nits. The Smart Band 8 boasts up to 150+ training modes, as well as a smart health assistant that includes capabilities like SpO2 monitoring, heart rate monitoring, sleep tracking, and female period tracking.
Powered by the latest Apollo 4 Blue Lite chipset, the Xiaomi Smart Band 8 delivers a seamless user experience. Its upgraded 190mAh battery ensures up to 16 days of typical usage on a single charge, with a new fast-charging feature reducing charging time to just one hour.
Xiaomi Smart Band 8 Specifications
- 1.62-inch (192×490 pixels) HD 2.5D Always-on AMOLED touch display, 326 PPI, Up to 600 nits of brightness
- Bluetooth 5.1 that connects to Android 6.0 and above and iOS 12.0 and above, NFC (NFC Edition only)
- 5ATM Water-resistant up to 50 meters
- Optical heart rate and blood oxygen sensor, six-axis motion sensor
- 150+ workout modes including professional courses such as running course, running bean mode, somatosensory boxing course, etc
- Continuous heart rate tracking, continuous blood oxygen saturation monitoring, as well as 24/7 sleep tracking, Female health tracking etc.
- Smart controls such as music control, remote camera control, quick message reply, incoming call alerts
- 100+ new watch faces with AOD support, including Mars Super Wallpaper
- Dimensions: 48 × 22.5 × 10.99mm; Weight: 27g (including strap)
- 190mAh battery offers up to 16 days of battery life with typical usage, charging time of about 1 hour
Pricing and Availability
The Xiaomi Smart Band 8 comes in Black and White colours and the price starts from EUR 39.9 (USD 42 / Rs. 3,516 approx.).
Even though the band comes in only two colors, the company offers different styles of straps separately. It will be available for sale via Xiaomi’s official channels in Europe.