HMD Global just launched the Nokia G42 5G, the company’s latest phone in the Nokia G series in India, as it had promised. The phone has a 6.56″ HD+ 90Hz display, is powered by the Snapdragon 480+ SoC, has 6GB of RAM with 5GB of additional virtual RAM, 50MP main camera, 2MP depth and macro sensors at the back, and an 8MP front-facing selfie camera.
The device comes pre-installed with Android 13 and guarantees two years of operating system upgrades and 3 years of security updates.
Additionally, the Nokia G42 is made with a back cover consisting of 65% recycled materials, and has gone through an industry-leading rigorous testing process, being drop-tested for a total number of 14 sides, corners, edges, and faces and has undergone more than 2x drop tests compared to the G50 model, indicating a design without compromise to enhance longevity.
It has a 5000mAh battery that promises up to three days of usage, and it supports 20W fast charging (QC3.0 & PD3.0) for quick recharging. It comes with a jelly case and a 20W charger in the box.
Nokia G42 5G specifications
- 6.56″ HD+ 20:9 (720 x 1612), 90Hz refresh rate, Brightness 450 nits (typ.), 560 nits with brightness boost, Gorilla Glass 3
- Octa Core Snapdragon 480+ 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 619 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB storage, microSD card support up to 1TB
- Android 13
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 50 MP AF Main camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2 MP Depth and 2 MP Macro cameras with f/2.4 aperture, LED flash, Night mode 2.0, AI Portrait and OZO 3D audio capture
- 8MP FF front camera
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 165.0 x 75. 8 x 8.55mm; Weight 193.8g
- Dust and splash resistant (IP52 Rated)
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C 2.0
- 5000mAh battery with 20W fast charging support (QC3.0 & PD3.0)
Pricing and availability
The Nokia G42 5G comes in So Grey and So Purple colours, is priced at Rs. 12,599 for the single 6GB + 128GB and will be available from Amazon.in starting from September 15th.
Commenting on the launch, Ravi Kunwar, Vice President-India & APAC, HMD Global, said:
Nokia G42 5G is more than just a smartphone; it’s our commitment to make sustainable and quality choices accessible to all. We are incredibly proud to bring Nokia G42 5G to the Indian market, a device created with sustainability, longevity and cutting-edge technology at its core. Our team has worked tirelessly to ensure that this phone doesn’t just meet, but exceeds the needs of our users. We have tested it rigorously, optimized its use of storage and ensured that it receives updates for years to come – creating an experience that is truly geared up for longevity. With the Nokia G42 5G, we’re promising you a sustainable 5G experience that’s built to stand the test of time.
Ranjit Babu, Director Wireless and Home Entertainment, Amazon India said:
We would like to congratulate the Nokia team for the launch of Nokia G42 5G. The smartphone offers 5G capabilities with many innovations. At Amazon.in, we continue to grow on our vast selection of 5G smartphones across price points.