A few weeks ago, HUAWEI unveiled its flagship Mate 60 series, which sparked some controversy over the chips used in the phones. Today, at its Autumn Full-Scenario launch event, the company unveiled the top-of-the-line models of the series: the Mate 60 Pro+ and the Mate 60 RS ULTIMATE DESIGN.
The Mate 60 Pro+ is set apart from other models by its design. It features a Danqing arc design with a leather-like finish made using a nano-scale metal double-dyeing process.
The Mate 60 RS, on the other hand, features a star diamond pattern with a ceramic back. It sports an Octagon-shaped camera module and a display protected by new Xuanwu tempered Kunlun glass, a second-generation Kunlun glass with Xuanwu tempered technology that provides a 300% increase in scratch resistance and a 100% increase in drop resistance.
Apart from these design changes, both the Mate 60 Pro+ and Mate 60 RS feature the exact same specifications. Both have a new 6.82-inch FHD+ OLED four-curved display with a 120Hz refresh rate and LTPO (1–120Hz) technology.
It also has a 1.07 billion-color display with support for 1,440Hz PWM dimming, and a triple punch-hole screen with a 13MP front camera and 3D depth sensor for face recognition. Additionally, it comes with support for satellite calls, making it the first smartphone to feature this.
The camera system on the Mate 60 Pro+ and Mate 60 RS consists of triple rear cameras: a 48MP ultra-spot main camera with F1.4–F4.0 ten-step variable physical aperture, a 40MP ultra-wide lens, and a 48MP 3.5x optical zoom camera with a 100x zoom range. There is also an option to shoot macro through a telephoto lens.
The processor for the phones has not yet been revealed, but it is expected to be the same Kirin 9000s SoC as the Pro version. The company has confirmed that the phone has Ark multimedia, scheduling, and graphic engines to enhance overall performance.
Both phones have a 5000mAh battery with support for up to 88W of fast charging, 50W of wireless fast charging, and 20W reverse wireless charging, the same as Mate 60 Pro.
HUAWEI Mate 60 Pro+ and Mate 60 RS ULTIMATE DESIGN specifications
- 6.82-inch (2720 × 1260 pixels) FHD+ four-curved OLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, LTPO (1-120Hz) technology, 300Hz touch sampling rate, P3 colour gamut, up to 1.07 billion colours
- 2nd Gen Kunlun glass protection (Mate 60 Pro+), Xuanwu tempered Kunlun glass (Mate 60 RS)
- Octa-core Hisilicon Kirin 9000S (1 Core @ 2.62 GHz, 3 Cores @ 2.15 GHz & 4 Cores @ 1.53 GHz) with Maleoon 910 GPU
- 16GB RAM with 512GB/1TB ROM
- Harmony OS 4.0
- Dual SIM
- 48MP ultra-spot F1.4~F4.0 aperture camera, OIS, 40MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 48MP telephoto camera with 3.5x optical zoom, up to 100x digital zoom, OIS, f/3.0 aperture, supper macro support, LED flash
- 13MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers
- Dimensions: 163.65 ×79 ×8.1mm; Weight: 225g (Mate 60 Pro+), 246g (Mate 60 RS)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 Dual band)/GLONASS/Beidou/NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 5000mAh Li-ion battery with 88W HUAWEI SuperCharge, 50W wireless charging, 20W reverse wireless charging.
Pricing and Availability
The HUAWEI Mate 60 Pro+ comes in Xuan white, and Inkstone black colours, and is priced at CNY 8999 (USD 1230 / Rs. 1,02,345 approx.) for the 16+512GB model, and CNY 9999 (USD 1367 / Rs. 1,15,460 approx.) for the 16+1TB model.
The HUAWEI Mate 60 RS ULTIMATE DESIGN comes in Xuan black, and Rui red colours, and is priced at CNY 11,999 (USD 1641 / Rs. 1,38,555 approx.) for the 16+512GB model, and CNY 12,999 (USD 1777 / Rs. 1,47,820 approx.) for the 16+1TB model. Both smartphones are available for pre-reserve starting today via HUAWEI’s Vmall online store.