HUAWEI has introduced its latest wireless earbuds, the HUAWEI FreeBuds Pro 3, in China today, alongside the HUAWEI MatePad Pro 13.2 and HUAWEI Mate 60 Pro+ devices.
These earbuds feature advanced technology like the Kirin A2 chip with Polar code, StarLight connection core technology, and Bluetooth tech. The Kirin A2 chip also uses dual DSP architecture. The earbuds have an 11 mm four-magnet dynamic unit and a micro-planar tweeter for great sound.
In terms of design, they’re lightweight, each weighing about 5.8g. They also come with XS earbud sizes, offering four sizes in total. The case has nano mirror glass and a rotating shaft design, with grooved earbuds for precise touch.
The case and earphones have speakers and can be located separately. They support missing reminders and online notifications through HarmonyOS 4. They offer up to 33 hours of battery life and support wireless charging.
Furthermore, they’re certified for high-quality sound and have super-sensory original sound units, real-time optimization algorithms, and high-definition spatial audio. They also feature spatial audio 2.0 with reduced latency and improved resolution accuracy.
Thanks to the Kirin A2 chip and Huawei’s hearing optimization algorithm, these earbuds offer real-time hearing optimization. They adjust volume, EQ, and noise reduction in real time for a personalized experience. They also have Silent Call 2.0 and Smart Dynamic Noise Reduction 3.0.
These earbuds use the L2HC 3.0 protocol for high-quality audio transmission when used with Huawei Mate 60 series and other phones. These earbuds are also IP54-rated for dust and water resistance.
Quick specifications: HUAWEI FreeBuds Pro 3
- 11 mm four-magnet dynamic unit + micro-planar tweeter
- Kirin A2 chip
- Audio: Digital crossover technology/dynamic EQ/active noise reduction/transparent transmission/vocal transparent transmission/call noise reduction
- HD Spatial Audio 2.0, Silent Call 2.0
- Smart Dynamic ANC 3.0 noise reduction system
- Supports SBC, AAC, L2HC 3.0, LDAC, does not support LHDC, Apt-X, etc.
- Microphone: 3 left earphones, 3 right earphones
- Bone conduction pickup microphone: 1 left earphone, 1 right earphone
- Controls: Press/Pinch and Slide
- Sensors: Bone voiceprint sensor/acceleration sensor/gyroscope/infrared sensor/Hall sensor/touch sensor/press sensor
- Battery: Case – 510mAh; Earbuds – 55mAh (per earbuds)
- Charging: Type-C; Supports Wireless charging (2W)
- Battery life: Up to 33hrs total playtime; ANC On up to 22hrs
- IP54 dust and water resistance
- Huawei Smart Life App
- Harmony OS 4
- Dimensions Case (mm): 46.9 (H) × 65.9 mm (W) × 24.5 mm (D)
- Dimensions Earbuds (mm): 29.1(H) × 21.8 mm (W) × 23.7 mm (D)
- Weight: Case 45.5g; Earbuds 5.8g (each earbuds)
Pricing and availability
The HUAWEI FreeBuds Pro 3 is priced at 1499 yuan (USD 205 or Rs. 17,045 approx.). It comes in four colors: Yachuan green, frost silver, ceramic white, and galaxy blue.
The product will be available for sale from today through the company’s shopping site, Vmall, and other retailers across China.