Xiaomi under its Redmi brand today announced the Redmi Note 12T Pro smartphone in China, as it had promised. The phone feature a 6.6-inch FHD+ LCD screen with 144Hz 7-step variable refresh rate, support for DC dimming and Dolby Vision and a 16MP front camera inside the punch-hole. It is certified with DisplayMate A+ ratings.
It is powered by Dimensity 8200-Ultra SoC with support for VC liquid cooling, has up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and up to 512GB UFS 3.1 storage. There is a 64MP rear camera along with and a 8MP ultra-wide-angle and a 2MP macro camera. It has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. The phone packs a 5,080mAh with support for 67W wired charging.
Redmi Note 12T Pro specifications
- 6.6″ FHD+ (2460 x 1080 pixels) LCD screen with up to 30 / 48 / 50 / 60 / 90 / 120 / 144 variable refresh rate, DC dimming, 10-bit color depth, Dolby Vision, HDR10, 650 nits peak brightness, 2047 levels of brightness adjustment
- Up to 3.1GHz Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 8200-Ultra 4nm processor with Mali-G610 MC6 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 13 with MIUI 14
- Dual SIM
- 64MP Omnivision OV64B 1/2″ sensor, 8MP ultra-wide lens with 119° FOV, 2MP macro camera, 4K video recording
- 16MP front camera with OmniVision OV16A1 sensor, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 163.64x 74.29x 8.87mm; Weight: 200g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo Dual Speaker, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, IR sensor, X-axis linear motors
- Splash resistant (IP53)
- 5G SA/NSA, Wi-Fi 6 (2.4 + 5GHz), supports 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.3, Beidou | GPS (L1+L5) |GLONASS | QZSS (L1+L5), NFC
- 5080mAh battery with 67W fast charging support
Pricing and availability
The Redmi Note 12T Pro comes in Ice fog white, Carbon black and Harumi blue colours and is priced at 1599 yuan (US$ 226 / Rs. 18,660 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB, 1699 yuan (US$ 240 / Rs. 19,830 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB, 1799 yuan (US$ 254 / Rs. 20,995 approx.) for 12GB + 256GB and the top-end 12GB + 512GB model costs 1999 yuan (US$ 282 / Rs. 23,330 approx.).
It is available to order and will go on sale in China from tomorrow, May 31. It could launch in India as Redmi K60i .