Xiaomi has announced the Civi 3, the company’s latest smartphone in the Civi series in China, as it had promised. The phone has a 6.55-inch Full HD+ 12-bit OLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate, support for 1920Hz PWM dimming and has Dolby Vision.
It is powered by custom Dimensity 8200-Ultra chip with portrait engine, 4000mm² stainless steel VC liquid cooling, 68% larger than the Civi 3. It supports third-person shooting game at 90fps high frame mode, stable high frame rate for 30 minutes, and the highest temperature on the front of the body is 40.1 °C, says the company.
The Civi 2 has dual 32MP front cameras inside the punch-hole. One is a standard autofocus camera and the other one is a 100° ultra-wide-angle camera. It also has AI Super Sense Four Soft light, 5 cool and warm light effects, and the same says that it offers natural-looking portrait with the new new portrait engine powered by the chip.
It has Sony IMX800 sensor main camera, same as Xiaomi 13, supports 1G+6P ultra-clear glass lens, has OIS and 120° 8MP ultra-wide camera along with a 2MP macro camera. Both the front and rear cameras support 4K video recording.
The company has partnered with global trend forecasting agency WGSN that matches the key colors of 2023: Rose Purple, Mint Green, Adventure Gold and Coconut Grey. It is 7.56mm and weighs just 173.5 grams. The phone packs a 4500mAh battery with support for 67W fast charging that can charge up to 100% in 38 minutes.
Xiaomi Civi 3 specifications
- 6.55-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 12-bit OLED display, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 1920Hz High Frequency PWM Dimming, up to 1500 nits brightness, 16000-level automatic brightness adjustment, Adaptive HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Up to 3.1GHz Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 8200-Ultra 4nm processor with Mali-G610 MC6 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5X RAM with 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 16GB LPDDR5X RAM with 1TB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 14 based on Android 13
- 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX800 sensor, f/1.77 aperture, OIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens with IMX355 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, AI sensing four soft lights
- 32MP AF front-facing main camera with f/2.0 aperture, Samsung S5KGD2 sensor, 2X portrait close-up, 32MP 100° ultra-wide secondary camera, f/2.4 aperture, Front screen soft light ring
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 158.75×71.7×7.56mm; Weight: 173.5g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 67W wired fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Xiaomi Civi 3 is priced at 2499 yuan (US$ 353 / Rs. 29,245 approx.) for the 12GB + 256GB, 2699 yuan (US$ 381 / Rs. 31,590 approx.) for the 12GB + 512GB and the top-end 16GB + 1TB model costs 2999 yuan (US$ 424 / Rs. 35,100 approx.). It is now available to order and will go on sale in China starting from May 31st.