iQOO just announced the iQOO Neo8 and Neo8 Pro smartphones in China, as it had promised. These pack a 6.78-inch 1.5K 144Hz AMOLED screen with 2160Hz high-frequency PWM dimming, 16,000-level brightness adjustment with SGS low blue light certification, and peak brightness of 1300 nits. It supports dual pressure sensitivity.
The Neo8 is powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC, and the Neo8 Pro is the first phone to be powered by MediaTek Dimensity 9200+ SoC, which scored 1363206 points on AnTuTu, says that company. These pack vivo V1+ self-developed chip that reduce power consumption by 14.2% in games, come with up to 16GB LPDDR5X RAM and up to 512GB UFS 4.0 storage.
These pack 5002mm² large-area VC vapor chamber, which is 125% more than Neo7. There is also standard graphite three-dimensional heat dissipation, plus 9 temperature sensors to monitor the temperature changes of the mobile phone in real time.
The Neo 8 Pro has a Sony IMX866 VCS sensor with OIS along with 8MP ultra-wide camera, and the standard model has a 50MP Samsung GN5 sensor along with a 2MP depth sensor. Both these have a 16MP front camera.
The phones pack a 5000mAh dual-cell battery with support for 120W fast charging that can charge from 1% to 50% in 9 minutes and 75% in 15 minutes.
iQOO Neo8 and Neo8 Pro specifications
- 6.78-inch (2800×1260 pixels) 1.5K AMOLED 20:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, up to 1300 nits brightness, 144Hz refresh rate, 2160Hz PWM dimming
- Neo8 – Octa Core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 730 GPU
- Neo8 Pro – Up to 3.35GHz Octa Core Dimensity 9200 4nm processor with Immortalis-G715 GPU
- Neo8 – 256GB/512GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB/512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Neo8 Pro – 16GB LPDDR5X RAM with 256GB/512GB (UFS 4.0) storage
- Android 13 with Origin OS 3
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Neo8 – 50MP camera with 1/1.57″ Samsung GN5 sensor, f/1.88 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, V1+ imaging chip
- Neo8 Pro – 50MP camera with 1.56″ Sony IMX866V sensor, f/1.88 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide sensor with f/2.4 aperture, V1+ imaging chip
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor, infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Hi-Fi audio
- Dimensions: 164.72× 77×8.36mm (Glass) / 8.53mm (Leather); Weight: 196.9g (Glass) / 192.3g (Leather)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 7 (Neo8 Pro) / 6 (Neo8) 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS L1+L5, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (Typical) battery with 120W ultra-fast flash charging
Pricing and availability
The iQOO Neo8 and Neo8 Pro come in Orange with a leather finish, Blue with enamel glass finish and the Black has a crystal glass finish. Pricing as follows.
- iQOO Neo8 12GB+256GB – 2499 yuan (US$ 354 / Rs. 29,350 approx.)
- iQOO Neo8 12GB+512GB – 2799 yuan (US$ 396 / Rs. 32,870 approx.)
- iQOO Neo8 16GB+512GB – 3099 yuan (US$ 439 / Rs. 36,395 approx.)
- iQOO Neo8 Pro 16GB+256GB – 3299 yuan (US$ 467 / Rs. 38,735 approx.)
- iQOO Neo8 Pro 16GB+512GB – 3599 yuan (US$ 510 / Rs. 42,255 approx.)
These are available to order and will go on sale in China starting from May 31st. There is a 200 yuan discount on the models as a part of launch offer.