HMD Global has launched Nokia C22, the company’s latest budget Android Go Edition smartphone in India, after it was introduced at the MWC earlier this year.
It packs a 6.5-inch HD+ screen, is powered by Unisoc 9863A1 SoC, has up to 4GB of RAM with additional 2GB of virtual RAM, runs Android 13 Go Edition with a promise of two years of quarterly security updates, and pack a 13MP rear and a 8MP front camera.
The phone has IP52 splash and dust protection, toughened 2.5D display glass, and rigid metal chassis housed within a strong polycarbonate unibody design. It packs a 5000 mAh battery that promises up to 3 days of battery life.
Nokia C22 specifications
- 6.5-inch (1600 × 720 pixels) HD+ V-notch 20:9 toughened glass display
- 1.6GHz Unisoc SC9863A Octa-Core processor with IMG8322 GPU
- 2GB / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 13 (Go edition)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP autofocus rear camera with LED Flash, 2MP macro sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Rear-mound fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dust and Splash resistant (IP52)
- Dimensions: 164.6 x 75.89 x 8.55 mm; Weight: 190g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 10W charging
Pricing and availability
The Nokia C22 comes in Charcoal, Sand and Purple colours and is priced at Rs. 7999 for the 2GB RAM model and the 4GB RAM model costs Rs. 8,499. It is now available from Nokia.com and should also be available from offline stores.
Jio Partner Offer
- Jio Plus (Postpaid) users on the INR 399 plan get 75GB monthly data + 3 add-on SIMs
- Jio Plus (Postpaid) Nokia phone users will get special benefits worth up to INR 3,500 as 100 GB additional Data (10 GB Additional Monthly Data for 10 months) worth INR 1000 and additional coupons worth up to INR 2500 in the form of: 3 month EazyDiner subscription worth INR 700, INR 750 off on flights over INR 4500 on Ixigo, 3 months ET Prime Subscription worth INR 1100 at INR 49 only.
Commenting on the launch, Adam Ferguson, Head of Product Marketing, HMD Global, said:
The Nokia C-series has always been about providing reliable, affordable smartphones that offer a great user experience and Nokia C22 is no exception delivering better durability against drops, resulting in a robust device that you can trust to last and keep for longer.