Xiaomi just announced the Xiaomi Pad 6 and Xiaomi Pad 6 Pro, the company’s latest tablets at an event in China along with the Xiaomi 13 Ultra, as it had promised. Both these feature an 11-inch 2.8k LCD screen with 144Hz refresh rate and feature an unibody metal design.
The Pad 6 is powered by Snapdragon 870 SoC and the Pro is powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC. The Pad 6 Pro can maintain an average frame rate of 58.7fps even after half an hour of playing Genshin Impact game, says the company.
These have quad speakers, Dolby Atmos and pack a 8840mAh with 33W and 8600mAh battery with 67W charging, respectively.
The smart touch keyboard of the Xiaomi Pad 6 series comes with a larger touch area, combined with full-screen gesture operations, and NFC one-touch instant transmission. The stylus has less latency of about 40% compared to the predecessor, has a battery life of 150h on a single charge, and the wear resistance of the tip is increased by 3 times, says Xiaomi.
Xiaomi Pad 6 and Pad 6 Pro specifications
- 11-inch (2880 x 1800) 16:10 display with 30/48/50/60/90/120/144hz variable refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, HDR 10, Dolby Vision, Hardware-level blue light reduction, TÜV Rheinland low blue light certification, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Pad 6 – Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- Pad 6 Pro – Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR5 with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage, 8GB RAM LPDDR5 with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB/ 512GB UFS 3.1 storage (6 Pro)
- Android 13 with MIUI 14
- Pad 6 – 13MP camera with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
- Pad 6 Pro – 50MP 1/2.76″ sensor with f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, 2MP depth sensor, 4K video recording
- Pad 6 – 8MP front camera
- Pad 6 Pro – 20MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 253.95×165.18×6.51mm; Weight: 490g
- USB Type-C audio, Dolby Atmos, 4 Speakers, 4 microphones
- Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 (5.3 in Pro), USB Type-C USB3.2 Gen1
- Pad 6 – 8840mAh (typ)/8640mAh (min) battery with 33W fast charging
- Pad 6 Pro – 8600mAh (typ) / 8400mAh (min) battery with 67W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Xiaomi Pad 6 and Pad 6 Pro come in Black, Gold and Mountain Blue colours.
The Xiaomi Pad 6 is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 290 / Rs. 23,850 approx.), 2099 yuan (US$ 305 / Rs. 25,040 approx.) and 2399 yuan (US$ 363 / Rs. 29,810 approx.) for 6GB+128GB, 8GB+128GB and 8GB+256GB models, respectively.
The Xiaomi Pad 6 Pro is priced at 2499 yuan (US$ 362 / Rs. 29,790 approx.), 2799 yuan (US$ 406 / Rs. 33,385 approx.), 3099 yuan (US$ 450 / Rs. 36,975 approx.) and 3399 yuan (US$ 494 / Rs. 40,555 approx.) for 8GB+128GB, 8GB+256GB, 12GB+256GB and 12GB+512GB models, respectively. All are Wi-Fi models, and there are no 5G models this time.
The keyboard costs 599 yuan (US$ 87 / Rs. 7,145 approx.), and the stylus is priced at 449 yuan (US$ 65 / Rs. 5,355 approx.). These are now available to order and will go on sale in China from April 21st.