Xiaomi just announced the Xiaomi 13 Ultra, the company’s latest flagship smartphone, at an event in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.73-inch 2K OLED 1-120Hz LTPO C7 display with HDR10+, Dolby Vision and, up to a whopping 2600 nits brightness. The phone is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC.
The phone has a Loop Liquid Cool technology. This uses Vapor liquid separation design, and One-way circulation structure that promises 3x cooling improvement over traditional VCs. This also ensures equivalent thermal conductivity more than three times that of traditional VCs, and heat dissipation capacity exceeds 10W, said the company.
The phone has quad 50MP rear cameras with 6 focal lengths, Leica optics and features Leica co-engineered Summicron lens. The phone has a 50MP 23mm Leica main camera uses a 1-inch IMX989 sensor and a new physical two-stop aperture switching between ƒ/1.9 and ƒ/4.0.
There are triple 50MP IMX858 sensors for ultrawide at 12mm, 3.2x telephoto at 75mm, and the new super-telephoto at 120mm, as well as the extra 46mm and 240mm lengths through the In-Sensor-Zoom. Three of the cameras feature an aperture wider than ƒ/2.0, which brings in more light and a soft, shallow depth of field, and allows for shorter shutter times, thus quicker capturing of natural and unmissable moments, said the company.
The phone supports end-to-end Dolby Vision recording and playback. It also supports up to 14-bit Ultra RAW photos, as well as 8K video and 10-bit Log.
Inspired by the “hyperfocal distance” shooting method commonly used by street photographers, there is a new Fast Shot mode that allows taking focus-free snapshots by setting the focus point manually, and later starting and capturing the moment in just 0.8s.
It has IP68 ratings for dust and water resistance. It uses second generation nanotech silicone leather technology that is not only resistant to fingerprints and smudges, but also is antibacterial and anti-yellowing, said Xiaomi. Its bacterial inhibition rate can reach as high as 99%, it added.
The Xiaomi 13 Ultra packs a 5,000mAh battery with support for 90W wired turbo charging and 50W wireless turbo charging as well as reverse wireless charging, thanks to Xiaomi Surge P2 Charging Chip and Xiaomi Surge G1 Battery Management Chip.
The phone has several battery health functions and can estimate the battery life at extremely granular levels, said Xiaomi. It has a new Hibernation mode, which will be automatically triggered when the battery is low, limiting background activities and offering up to 60 minutes of additional standby.
Xiaomi 13 Ultra specifications
- 6.73-inch (3200 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display, 1-120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, up to 2600 nits peak brightness, 1920Hz PWM dimming, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5X RAM with 256GB (UFS 4.0) storage, 16GB LPPDDR5X RAM with 512GB / 1TB UFS 4.0 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 14 based on Android 13
- 50MP rear camera with 1″ Sony IMX989 sensor,f/1.9 – f/4.0 variable aperture, 23mm focal length, HyperOIS, 8P aspherical lens, LED flash, 50MP Sony IMX858 122° ultrawide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 12mm focal length, 5cm super macro 50MP Sony IMX858 telephoto camera with f/1.8 aperture, 75mm equivalent focal length, OIS, 3.2x optical zoom, 50MP Sony IMX858 periscope telephoto camera with f/3.0 aperture, 120mm equivalent focal length, OIS, 5x optical zoom, up to 120x digital zoom, Leica Summicron optics, Dolby Vision HDR video recording, 8K video recording
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dust and water-resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions: 163.18×74.64×9.06mm; Weight: 227g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C USB 3.2 Gen 1, NFC
- 5000mAh (Typical) battery with 90W wired fast charging, 50W wireless charging, Reverse wireless charging
Pricing and availability
The Xiaomi 13 Ultra comes in Black, White and Olive Green colors and is priced at 5,999 yuan (US$ 872 / Rs. 71,545 approx.) for 12GB + 256GB, 6499 yuan (US$ 945 / Rs. 77,545 approx.) for 16GB+512GB and 7,299 yuan (US$ 1061 / Rs. 87,090 approx.) for 16GB+ 1TB model. It is available to order and will go on sale in China from April 21st.
Xiaomi has confirmed that the phone will roll out in several countries globally in the next few months.