The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) announced a self-KYC process in 2021 to simplify the KYC procedure when acquiring a new connection or SIM. Finally, Vi has become the first telecom operator to implement self-KYC.
The Vi Self-KYC process, announced today by the telecom operator, has been rolled out to all postpaid customers in the Kolkata and Karnataka service areas.
Vi Self KYC users can order a new SIM card online, choose their preferred plan, and complete self-KYC from the comfort of their homes in order to receive the SIM at home.
This eliminates the need to visit a retail location and go through the physical KYC process. Vi assures that the process was carried out in accordance with DoT guidelines.
Vi has also stated that the service will be gradually rolled out across India for both prepaid and postpaid customers soon.
How to complete the Vi Self KYC process and opt SIM delivery?
- Visit Vi website and select desired plan.
- Select a number of choice and place the order, through OTP authentication, on the alternate mobile number.
- Follow simple steps on Self-KYC, which includes Aadhaar authentication on UIDAI site.
- The user then needs to capture live photo and live video of minimum 10 seconds.
- Once the order is placed and digital verification is complete, the customer will receive the SIM card at the doorstep, post successful OTP authentication.
Regarding the announcement, Abhijit Kishore, COO, Vodafone Idea Limited, said,
We have always gone the extra mile to bring innovative products and offer convenience to our customers helping them to get more and do more with Vi. Our Self-KYC solution is a Digital India initiative – one of many firsts that Vi has been bringing to simplify, enhance and enliven the lives of our valued customers.
I am sure that users will now find a significant improvement in the ease of completing KYC process through our platform. While launching in Kolkata and Karnataka for postpaid users, we aim to rollout Vi Self-KYC solution across all markets soon for our customers to enjoy the benefits of our best in value prepaid and postpaid plans.