OnePlus has introduced the Buds Ace, the company’s latest ANC earbuds in China along with the OnePlus Ace 2, as it had promised. It has a similar design as the Nord Buds or Buds N, but this adds noise cancellation. It comes with Bluetooth 5.3, 47ms ultra low latency and 12.4mm Dynamic drivers tuned for rich bass, but this only has AAC codec.
It promises up to 36 hours of battery life with the case without ANC, and with ANC it will offer up to 27h hours total battery life. The earbuds feature fast charge that offers 5 hours of battery life with a 10-minute charge, but it doesn’t have wireless charging.
OnePlus Buds Ace specifications
- 12.4mm dynamic driver, BassWave Dynamic Bass
- Bluetooth 5.3, AAC codec, Dolby Atmos (OnePlus 7/7 Pro later)
- Active Noise cancellation
- Dual microphones + AI call noise reduction
- Touch controls for track change, voice assistant, Play/pause
- Sweat and water-resistant (IP55) for headset
- Dimensions for Earbud: 27.5×21.05×24.4mm; Charging case:67.99×28.9×35.5mm
- Weight for Earbud: 4.7g; Charging case: 37.5g
- 41mAh battery in buds offers up to 7 hours (without ANC) / 5 hours (with ANC) music playback, 36h (without ANC) / 27h (with ANC) with 480mAh charging case
- Fast charge – 10 mins for 5 hours playback (earbuds without ANC)
Pricing and availability
The OnePlus Buds Ace comes in Open Black and White colours and is priced at 249 yuan (US$ 36 / Rs. 3,030 approx.). It is available to order and will be available from February 13th in China. No word on the global roll out yet.