Vivo introduced the X90, X90 Pro, and X90 Pro+ phones in November 2022 in China as part of the X90 series. The company recently announced that its X90 flagship phones powered by the Dimensity 9200 chipset are now available globally, except for the X90 Pro+ which is only available in China and its availability elsewhere is uncertain.
vivo X90 and X90 Pro
The hardware of the vivo X90 and X90 Pro is quite alike, both sporting a 6.78-inch 10-bit AMOLED screen with a high refresh rate of up to 120Hz and a resolution of 1260p. Additionally, the size of these devices is nearly identical. Both phones also have fast 120W wired charging and Zeiss-tuned cameras.
What can we expect for X90 Pro appearance?
Stainless steel Halo Ring, Coated Corning glass lenses for tougher protection, waxed pebbled vegan leather for a more textured look, #vivoX90Series born with the🧬 of imaging strength and beautiful looks. #vivo#ProPhotographyInPocket pic.twitter.com/H4mKDPmvC2
— vivo Global (@Vivo_GLOBAL) February 3, 2023
The X90 has a 50MP main, 12MP ultrawide and 12MP 2x telephoto camera setup, while the X90 Pro has a more advanced camera setup with a 1” Sony IMX989 sensor for its 50MP main camera, a 50MP 2x telephoto, and a 12MP ultrawide. Both phones have the vivo V2 ISP, which enables Super Night Video in 4K and AI Night View modes for improved video recording in low light and fine-tuned color and tone adjustments in night shots.
Both the Vivo X90 and X90 Pro are equipped with in-display optical fingerprint scanners, Bluetooth 5.3, Wi-Fi 6, and stereo speakers. The X90 has a 4,810mAh battery, while the X90 Pro has a 4,870mAh battery. Both phones support 120W wired charging, and the X90 Pro also supports 50W wireless charging. Reverse wired charging is available on both phones.
vivo X90 and X90 Pro specifications
- 6.78-inch (2800×1260 pixels) FHD+ BOE Q9 OLED HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 1300 nits brightness, 115% DCI-P3 color gamut, 2160Hz ultra-high frequency PWM dimming
- Up to 3.05GHz Octa Core Dimensity 9200 4nm processor with Immortalis-G715 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5X RAM with 256GB (UFS 4.0) storage
- Android 13 with Funtouch OS 13
- Dual SIM
- X90 – 50MP camera with Sony IMX866 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, VCS bionic spectrum, LED flash, OIS, 12MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.0 aperture, 12MP 50mm 2X portrait camera, f/1.98 aperture, laser auto focus, Zeiss T* coating, ZEISS optics, V2 chip
- X90 Pro – 50MP camera with 1″ IMX989 sensor, OIS, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, OIS, 12MP ultra-wide camera with Sony IMX663 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 50MP 50mm IMX758 2X portrait camera, f/1.6 aperture, laser auto focus, Zeiss T* coating, ZEISS optics, V2 chip
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor, infrared sensor
- USB Type-C Audio, stereo speakers, CS43131 Hi-Fi chip (X90 Pro only)
- Dimensions X90: 164.10×74.44×8.48mm (Black and Blue) / 8.88mm (Red); Weight: 200g (Black and Blue) / 196g (Red)
- Dimensions X90 Pro: 164.07×74.53×9.34mm; Weight: 214.85g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.2 Gen 1
- X90 – 4,810mAh battery with 120W fast charging
- X90 Pro – 4,870mAh battery with 120W fast charging, 50W wireless charging
Pricing and availability
In Malaysia, the Vivo X90 comes in Asteroid Black and Breeze Blue colours and is priced at RM3699 (US$868 / Rs.71,130 approx.) and the X90 Pro comes in Legendary Black and is priced at RM4999 (US$1,174 / Rs.96,130 approx.) for the single 12GB+256GB model.
The Vivo X90 will be accessible in Hong Kong, Taiwan, India, and Southeast Asia countries such as Thailand and Malaysia.
On the other hand, the Vivo X90 Pro will have a broader reach, including availability in Hong Kong, Taiwan, India, Southeast Asia, as well as several European countries like the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and others including Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, Romania, Croatia, Slovenia, Greece, and Serbia.