Samsung just announced its flagship Galaxy S23 and Galaxy S23+ smartphones at its Galaxy Unpacked event, as it had promised. These pack a 6.1 /6.6-inch FHD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity-O flat Displays with 48-120Hz adaptive refresh rate, same as the predecessor, but now both these get up to 1750 nits brightness.
These are powered by new Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy that is clocked up to 3.36GHz, which is significantly higher than the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2’s clock speed of 3.2 GHz that is used in other smartphones. This time there is no Exynos versions. The vapor chamber cooling is now present on both the models.
The phones feature an in-display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner and run Android 13 with OneUI 5.1. The phone feature triple rear cameras, but there are no cut-outs this time. These have Armor Aluminum frame and are the first smartphones to feature new Corning Gorilla Glass Victus 2 on the front and back.
The phones feature a 50-megapixel Dual Pixel primary sensor with OIS, 12-megapixel Ultra Wide Lens with a 120-degree field of view and a 10-megapixel Telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom and OIS. These also have a new 12-megapixel Dual Pixel front-facing camera with AI object aware engine. These also support 8K video shooting. Both devices are powered by advanced VDIS technology which minimizes vibrations, so you get smooth, sharp footage even when you’re on the move.
The S23+ has Ultra-wideband capabilities (UWB). Both the phones come with IP68 ratings for dust and water resistance. The Galaxy S23 has a 3900mAh battery with support for 25W fast charging and the Galaxy S23+ packs a 4700mAh battery with support for 45W fast charging. Both the phones feature a 10W wireless and reverse wireless charging.
Samsung Galaxy S23 and Galaxy S23+ specifications
- 6.1-inch (S23) / 6.6-inch (S23+) (2340 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 48-120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate in Game Mode, up to 1750 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection
- 3.36 Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 740 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5X RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) / 256GB (UFS 4.0) / 512GB (UFS 4.0) storage
- Android 13 with One UI 5.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 10MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 3x optical zoom, OIS, 4K 60 fps, 8K 30fps
- 12MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Dust and Water resistant (IP68)
- S23 Dimensions: 146.3 x 70.9 x 7.6mm; Weight: 168g
- S23+ Dimensions: 157.8×76.2×7.6mm; Weight: 195g
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, UWB (S23+ only), GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC
- 3900mAh (S23) / 4700mAh (S23+) battery with support for 25W (S23) / 45W (S23+) fast charging, Qi wireless charging, Wireless PowerShare
The Samsung Galaxy S23 and S23+ come in Phantom Black, Green, Cream and Lavender. There are Online exclusive Graphite and Lime colours depending on the country.
Pricing and availability
- Samsung Galaxy S23 8GB + 128GB – $799.99 (Rs. 65,495 approx.) / £849 (Rs. 85,689 approx.) / €949 (Rs. 84,800 approx.)
- Samsung Galaxy S23 8GB + 256GB – $859.99 (Rs. 70,495 approx.) / £899 (Rs. 90,580 approx.) / €1,009 (Rs. 90,050 approx.)
- Samsung Galaxy S23+ 8GB + 256GB – $999.99 (Rs. 81,970 approx.) / £1049 (Rs. 1,05,850 approx.) / €1,199 (Rs. 1,07,015 approx.)
- Samsung Galaxy S23+ 8GB + 512GB – $1119.99 (Rs. 91,810 approx.) / £1149 (Rs. 1,15,795 approx.) / €1,319 (Rs. 1,17,880 approx.)
The phones will be available to pre-order from today, February 1st and will start shipping from February 17th in several countries.