Redmi has introduced the Redmi 12C budget smartphone in Redmi 12 series in China. It has a 6.71-inch HD+ screen, 5MP selfie camera inside the notch, is powered by Helio G85 SoC, has up to 6GB of RAM, and packs a 50MP main camera along with a 2MP depth sensor.
The phone runs Android 12 with MIUI 13 out of the box, has patterns with a textured back that makes it smudge and fingerprint-resistant, features a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5000mAh battery with 10W charging.
Redmi 12C specifications
- 6.71-inch (1650 x 720 pixels) HD+ display
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G85 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 1000MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 12 with MIUI 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 50MP rear primary camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front camera
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 168.76×76.41×8.77mm; Weight: 192g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB port
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 10W charging
Pricing and availability
The Redmi 12C comes in Shadow black, Dark blue, Mint Green and Lavender colours, is priced at 699 yuan (US$ 101 / Rs. 8,370 approx.) for 4GB + 64GB, 799 yuan (US$ 115 / Rs. 9,565 approx.) for 4GB+128GB and the 6GB+128GB version costs 899 yuan (US$ 130 / Rs. 10,765 approx.) . It is already on sale in China.