Along with the Xiaomi 13 and other devices, Xiaomi also introduced the Xiaomi Watch S2, the company’s latest smartwatch with Stainless Steel casing. It comes in classic 46mm and a more compact 42mm size with 1.32″ / 1.43″ AMOLED display, respectively.
It has over 100 sports modes, and supports body composition measurement, which can measure and present eight types of body health data results in a few seconds. The new safety tracking feature, allows the users to send geolocation and SOS messages with a quick keystroke in case of any emergency.
It comes with heart rate, sleep, pressure, and blood oxygen monitoring, and the watch runs MIUI Watch OS, supports third-party apps, supports Bluetooth calling since it has a speaker and a microphone. In addition to NFC, it also has GPS, 5ATM water resistance and promises up to 12 days of battery life.
Xiaomi Watch S2 specifications
- 1.43-inch / 1.32-inch (466 × 466 pixels) AMOLED screen with Sapphire glass protection (leather version only), Always-on display
- Heart rate sensor (including blood oxygen), accelerometer sensor, gyroscope, geomagnetic sensor, air pressure sensor, ambient light sensor,
temperature sensor, bioelectrical impedance analysis sensor, capacitive sensor for wear detection
- Bioelectrical impedance sensor uses scientific algorithms to obtain 8 major health data such as body fat rate, basal metabolic rate, and bone salt content.
- Sleep tracking, Fitness tracking, 100+ sports modes
- Speaker and microphone for calling over Bluetooth and Xiaoai voice assistant
- GPS, Beidou, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Bluetooth 5.2 to connect to devices running Android 6.0 and above; iOS 12.0 and above, NFC for payments
- Water-resistant up to 50 meters (5 ATM)
- 500mAh (46mm) / 305mAh (42mm) battery with up to 12 days battery life
Pricing and availability
The Xiaomi Watch S2 comes in black, silver and light gold, as well as offering various options of colors for leather or silicone straps.
The Xiaomi Watch S2 42mm standard version is priced at 999 yuan (US$ 143 / Rs. 11,835 approx.), and the leather version is priced at 1199 yuan (US$ 173 / Rs. 14,200 approx.). The 46mm standard version is priced at 1099 yuan (US$ 153 / Rs. 13,020 approx.), and the leather version is priced at 1299 yuan (US$ 186 / Rs. 15,385 approx.). It is already on sale in China.