Xiaomi announced a Mini PC at a Xiaomi 13 series launch event in China. This is the company’s first foray into this market, and it claims to be successful due to close product collaboration with Intel.
With a weight of only 437 g, it uses the 12th generation Core i5-1240P processor, which has a 12-core, 16-thread heterogeneous design and a maximum turbo frequency of 4.4 GHz, while the integrated Intel Iris Xe graphics (80 UEs) provide excellent graphic performance.
The Xiaomi Mini PC is square, has a one-piece aluminium alloy body, and adds colour to the minimalist desktop. It has 16 GB of DDR4 RAM and 512 GB of PCIe 4.0 SSD storage, and it can be expanded to 32 GB of RAM and 4 TB of SSD.
The large 4600 RPM fan and a dual heat pipe heat dissipation system ensure a stable performance when it comes to cooling. When necessary, the Mini PC has a variety of versatile ports that can connect to external graphics cards and hard drives. There is also Bluetooth 5.3 and Wi-Fi 6 support for wireless connectivity.
The device comes pre-installed with Windows 11 and supports Ubuntu, OpenWWRT, UNRAID, and EXSI operating systems.
Xiaomi Mini PC specifications
- 12th generation Intel Core i5-1240P (12-core 16-thread, 4.4GHz Max frequency) CPU, Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 RAM (3200MHz dual channel), supports expansion up to 64GB
- 512GB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, supports expansion up to 4TB storage
- Windows 11 pre-installed
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 3× USB 3.2 Gen 2, 1× USB 2.0, 2 × Thunderbolt 4 port, 2×HDMI 2.1 (bandwidth 18Gbps), 2.5G network cable interface
- Dimensions: 112×112×38mm, Weight: 437g
- Bluetooth 5.3, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz/5GHz)
Pricing and availability
The Xiaomi Mini PC comes in black colour and is priced at 3,999 yuan (US$ 574 / Rs. 47,370) for the standard version with 512 GB storage. There’s also a storage-free variant which costs 2,999 yuan (US$ 431 / Rs. 35,525).
The normal variant is already on sale in China at an offer price of 3,699 yuan (US$ 531 / Rs. 43,815) and the storage-free version will be available from December 14 in China.