vivo has launched the Y02, the company’s latest budget smartphone in the Y series, in India, after the Indonesian launch a few days ago. It has a 6.51-inch HD+ display and is powered by an unspecified SoC, which according to previous rumours is Helio P22.
The phone runs Android 12 Go Edition with Funtouch OS 12 on top and packs an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel camera on the front. It packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 10W charging.
The Grey version has a smooth surface that is resistant to fingerprints, and the Blue uses a new nanomaterial spraying process with a mixed blueish-purple tone, said the company. Also, the phone is said to have undergone rigorous quality tests and is proven to withstand scratches, being dropped, and extreme weather.
vivo Y02 specifications
- 6.51-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 LCD screen
- Octa-Core processor
- 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 12 Go Edition with Funtouch OS 12
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 163.99×75.63×8.49mm; Weight: 186g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 10W charging
Pricing and Availability:
The vivo Y02 comes in Cosmic Grey and Orchid Blue colours, is priced at Rs. 8,999 for the 3GB + 32GB model. The smartphone is already available for purchase on the vivo India e-store.