Along with the Redmi Note 12 Pro series, Xiaomi also introduced the Redmi Note 12 5G, the budget model in China. It has a 6.67″ FHD+ Samsung GOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, is powered by Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 SoC with up to 8GB of RAM. It has an 8MP front camera inside the punch-hole.
The phone has a 48MP rear camera along with the 2MP depth sensor, has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 33W fast charging.
Redmi Note 12 5G specifications
- 6.67-inch FHD+ (1080×2400 pixels) GOLED display with 60 / 90 / 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 1200 nits peak brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 6nm Mobile Platform (2 GHz x 2 A78-based +1.8GHz x 6 A55-based Kryo CPUs) with Adreno GPU
- 4GB / 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 2.2 internal storage
- Android 12 with MIUI 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera, LED flash, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 165.88×76.21×7.98mm; Weight: 188g
- Dust and Splash resistant (IP53)
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 33W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Redmi Note 12 5G comes in Black, White and Blue colours, is priced at 1199 yuan (US$ 165 / Rs. 13,645 approx.) for 4GB + 128GB, 1299 yuan (US$ 179 / Rs. 14,790 approx.) for 6GB + 128GB, 1399 yuan (US$ 193 / Rs. 15,930 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB and 1599 yuan (US$ 220 / Rs. 18,200 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB model. It is available to order and will go on sale in China from October 31st.