Xiaomi just launched the Redmi Pad, the latest tablet under the Redmi brand in India, as it had promised. It has an 10.6-inch 2K LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate and is powered by MediaTek Helio G99 with up to 6GB of RAM, comes with quad speakers, has Dolby Atmos and features a 7.1mm sleek body.
It has an 8MP autofocus rear camera and the 8MP front camera with field-of-view up to 105⁰ and FocusFrame (will be available soon via an OTA update for 4GB and 6GB models) adjusts the frame according to your movement.
The Redmi Pad runs Android 12 with MIUI 13 and the company has promised 2 versions of Android and MIUI update and 3 years of security updates. The tablet packs a 8000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging support and comes with a 22.5w charger in the box.
Redmi Pad specifications
- 10.61-inch (2000x 1200) 10-bit LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate, 70% NTSC color gamut, 400 nits brightness, TUV Rheinland low blue light certification
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G99 6nm processor (2x Cortex-A76 @ 2.2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 @ 2GHz) with Arm Mali-G57 MC2
- 3GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB UFS 2.1 storage, 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 2.1 storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 12 with MIUI 13 for Pad
- 8MP rear camera with Full HD video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera with 105° FOV
- Dimensions: 250.5×158.1×7.1mm; Weight: 465g
- USB Type-C audio, Dolby Atmos, Quad Speakers, dual microphones
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, USB Type-C
- 8,000mAh battery with support for 18W charging
Pricing and availability
The Redmi Pad comes in Graphite Grey, Moonlight Silver and Mint Green colours and is priced at Rs. 14,999 for the 3GB + 64GB, Rs. 17,999 for the 4GB + 128GB model and the 6GB + 128GB model costs Rs. 19,999.
The limited-period introductory pricing for the models are Rs. 12,999, Rs. 14,999 and Rs. 16,999, respectively.
The Redmi Pad will be available from Flipkart, mi.com, Mi Home stores and offline stores starting from tomorrow, October 5th.
- 10% Instant Discount (Up to Rs. 5,000) with Bank of Baroda Debit Cards on mi.com from 5 to 9 Oct 2022.
Commenting on the launch, Sumit Sonal, General Manager Marketing, Xiaomi India said:
Having developed a deep connect with the consumers, we understood the first-time user’s needs and preferences for the budget-friendly tablet. In line with that, we are happy to bring a refreshing turn in the mainstream segment with Redmi Pad.
It is the right companion for those who want it all in a single device – for entertainment, shopping, gaming, work commitments, video calls, or e-learning. The Redmi Pad provides the best all-around performance in picture, sound, and overall user experience with its segment-first 90Hz refresh rate and powerful Helio G99 processor. By setting industry benchmarks with top-of-the-line specifications, we are sure to become ‘The Right Choice’ for first-time tablet buyers. With this addition to our portfolio, we hope to build the momentum of providing consumers with amazing products with honest prices and innovative technology.