vivo has launched Y22, the company’s latest smartphone, in the Y series in India. The phone has a 6.55-inch HD+ Halo Display, 50MP dual cameras, an 8MP front camera, and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor for enhanced security.
It is powered by an MediaTek Helio G70 (MT6769) processor with Ultra game mode, runs Android 12 with Funtouch OS 12. The phone has IP5X ratings for dust and IPX4 ratings for water resistance.
The phone has a 2.5D curved design and uses advanced surface texturing techniques for a metallic sheen and is trendy. The phone is powered by a 5000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging
vivo Y22 specifications
- 6.51″ HD+ (1600 x 720 pixels) LCD screen with up to 530 nits brightness, 70% NTSC color gamut, 89.67% screen-to-body ratio
- MediaTek Helio G70 (MT6769) with Arm Mali-G52 MC2 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Funtouch OS 12 based on Android 12
- Rear Cameras: 50MP primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 8MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture
- Side mounted fingerprint scanner
- 3.5mm earphone jack
- Dimensions: 164.30×76.10×8.38mm; Weight:190g
- Dust (IP5X) and water (IPX4) resistant
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou/ GALILEO, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging support
Pricing and availability
The vivo Y22 comes in Starlit Blue and Metaverse Green colours and is priced at Rs. 14,499 for the 4GB + 64GB version. It is available from vivo India online store and offline stores. The website also lists the 6GB + 128GB version which will be available soon.