Sony India brings out the new LinkBuds, featuring an open ring design with 12mm ring driver that lets sound through, an ultra-small super fit, and sound and call quality that are clear as a bell. It was introduced earlier this year.
Sony’s unique open-ring design with audio transparency links online and offline worlds for a “Never Off” wearing experience. It offers a small, ergonomic design and comes with 360 Reality Audio. The device includes Sony’s Integrated Processor V1 and DSEE (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine) for a rich audio experience. LinkBuds feature a compact and comfortable design with five sizes of fitting supporters to suit different ear shapes.
Adaptive Volume Control automatically optimizes volume based on where you are, letting your music seamlessly blend into your environment. Users can also control audio by tapping in front of their ears and enjoy smart features such as speaking to chat with Google Assistant or Alexa.
The earbuds have a battery life of 5.5 hours per charge. A further 12 hours are stored in the charging case, giving a total of 17.5 hours of listening time. A short 10-minute charge is beneficial for a 90-minute listening session. When the charging case’s remaining capacity falls below 30%, the Sony Headphones Connect app will alert you. Support for Google’s helpful new Fast Pair as well as Swift Pair. Additionally, with Quick Access, you can configure LinkBuds to resume Spotify playback with just a couple of taps. The LinkBuds come with an IPX4 water resistance rating and also come in plastic-free packaging.
Sony LinkBuds: Specifications
- 12mm Open ring drivers
- Weight: Approx. 4.1 g x2
- Open, Dynamic
- Integrated with Sony Processor V1
- IPX4 certified
- Battery Life: Max 5.5hrs; Standby Time: Max 11hrs
- USB Type-C and Fast charge support
- Bluetooth: v5.2 and supports A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
- Adaptive Volume Control, Audio transparency
- Supports: DSEE, Voice assistant integration, Fast pair, Swift pair and Quick access with Spotify Tap
- 360 Reality Audio, Speak-to-Chat
- Supports the Microsoft Soundscape app
- Environmental free packaging
- In the box: LinkBuds, 5 sizes of eartips, USB-C charging cable
- A pre-booking promotion was also launched by Sony India. Now, customers can pre-book the LinkBuds for a discounted price of Rs. 12,990 (MRP Rs. 19,990) and receive a benefit of Rs. 7,000 (inclusive of Rs. 2,000 cashback on various debit and credit cards).
- This promotion is available from August 4 until August 12, 2022.
Pricing and availability
The Sony LinkBuds come in black and grey and are priced at Rs. 19,990. The LinkBuds will be available across Sony retail stores, ShopatSC portal, major electronic stores and other e-commerce websites in India from August 13, 2022.